Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Keep your babies inside..

An eight year old girl was found stuffed in a suitcase, in a dairy-farm pond near her home in California.

Sandra Cantu was last seen by her mother shortly after school on March 27th when she came home and kissed her mom before she went outside to play, and the rest is history.

A search warrant has been put into place to search the mobile home complex where the child lived and the nearby church as well.

I think this is sad that every time you turn around someones' child is coming up missing, I am scared for my child to have to grow up in an environment where I can't even let him or her play with their friends outside the house.

This story is going to run thought the nation just as the last incident did where the little girl has yet to be found. Something must be done about this, and I hope this opens doors for more activities around the nation to be organized to keep the kids from being on the streets.

"Investigators are looking at additional information they received since yesterday and, hopefully, that will lead us to Sandra's killers," Tracy police Sgt. Tony Sheneman told reporters.

The autopsy results have yet to come back and no one is out of the question for being a suspect.

6 comments:

  1. I could barely get through this story--probably Haleigh Cummings will be found in a similar way, and the probable cause is a sex offender who lived in the mobile home park or was driving around it. No one wants to hear what I have to say about someone who molests a child, but unless something is done about that, then the only solution is to carefully watch young children and lobby for more community group activities. How sad that children can't be left outside to play in their own neighborhoods, but molesters frequent both wealthy and low-income addresses, so you just can't take chances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same reaction as Wendy...I actually scrolled down so I didn't have to see the rest. It is so terrifying that there are cruel and evil people out there. It makes me go from being a girl is so happy about her life to being terrified about what is really out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats so sad! There are definitely some real sick-o's out there. I feel like there are more derranged people out in the world more than ever also. Taking out your mental instiblity on a poor defenseless child by brutily ending their life is by popular opinion disgusting. My heart goes out to the child and her family. I hope they find who did it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw a video clip for that before I pulled up your blog. It is terribly tragic.

    I find it sad that one person's experience of happy and pleasure can be stuffing some girl in a suitcase, and that another person's experience of happiness or pleasure is helping a little old lady cross the street.

    Both are forms of an emotion we call "happiness," and furthermore it's sad to think that the only reason why we don't go around stuffing people in suitcases is because society trains us not to.

    I hope that the family gets justice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a cruel world that we live in. My prayers are with the mother. Because of recent events like these, I understand why my mom has always been so over protective when it comes to my brother and I. It's a shame that you can't let your kids play outside but parents should also be outside with kids at the same since they know there are weirdos out there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. these stories are by far the most terrible things that i can ever read in the newspapers and online news. i hate reading these stories becuase i immediatly think of loosing my little sister and little brother. if anything like thta ver happened to them, i wouldnt know how to live. i feel extyremely for those who are related to this girl and to those who knwo her. its a terrible thing and i totally agree taht we either need a better way to have are kids constantly watched, or we triple the search and an idea to get these sickos off the streets.

    ReplyDelete